Knetz are crying seeing NewJeans' emotional Ditto Interpretation

 [theqoo] NewJeans Ditto Music Video Interpretation uploaded on Minor Gallery


trans: I think the MV storyline is simpler than you think

This time it was promoted as a fan song and I thought the 6th girl was represented as the idol fandom which are Bunnies

The existence of an idol is an illusion that doesn't exist in everyday life. 
So someone who likes idols always records them and has it for memories
It's like an idol being your close friend and how you're always together
It may seem odd in other people's perspective (for example, kids who liked idols a lot when they were in school were treated as an "otaku"...)
In the end, after time passes, all those memories have been remained

I roughly interpreted it like this



trans: It's not much but this is my own interpretation

The 6th girl that appears in the MV is Bunnies, the song is also a fan song as well
So everything was just virtual reality, they don't exist right beside you in reality but they're idols who are always next to you like a friend. But as we all know, idols don't have a big presence around everyone's life so when there's no 'NewJeans' around you, everyone looks at you with a weird expression

I think the camera is an object of interest. And in the middle when you end up meeting a guy, the camera perspective would sway towards him. If you're a student and you find a love interest, wouldn't you naturally start to be more of a distant fan? There are times when that happens so I think it could be expressing that

The camera breaking may symbolise the reality of you liking the idols? And the scene where you're communicating with Minji is like our communicating app 'Phoning'.

Anyways, after time passes, the 6th girl watches all the videos again and the NewJeans girls are exactly the same as she filmed and pictured them to be. The people who I liked at that time and how they will always remain in your heart, and when replaying the videos back the happy memories are brought back to when you liked NewJeans.

With the gloomy vibe I also thought of other possible interpretations but it's just like a fan song. I just thought of it like this after watching it.

This was just my personal opinion so if you guys have any thoughts leave comments.


I think the meaning is that NewJeans are the singers and the 6th girl is Bunnies/the fandom


NewJeans and the 6th girl are playing together like close friends but,


When NewJeans was dancing, the 6th girl did not dance together


She was content with filming NewJeans like this
Just like a fan filming a fancam


When NewJeans didn't bring an umbrella (= like when you're facing hardship)


Since the 6th girl is a fan, they face the rain together (they face the hardship together)


And when the fan is facing hard times, NewJeans will become a source of strength (= the bandage cast represents the fan's hardships)


At first, when Minji erases the fan's legs, it may seem creepy but I saw it as their hope for us to not leave them.


But like this when people who are addicted to idols more than real-life friends are often treated as different.


This is obvious but reality hits you when you think of the reason why you like idols 


In the end, the girl is no longer together with NewJeans


And of course, when you stop liking your idols, your heart will feel complicated and stuffy


Minji who keeps on calling (=Phoning) but you don't pick up..

(The person who erased your legs was also Minji, the one who calls you is also Minji, the one who participated in the lyrics is also Minji. It seems like Minji really directed it as a fan song)


In the end, reality wins over idols


I'm not quite sure with the meaning of the deer, but if the deer was interpreted as a 'spirit' does it represent how the girl wanted to give up?


 When liking NewJeans it was a really happy and comforting time but
People experience a lot of hard and difficult times, even a lot of personal difficulties..
So the girl ended up choosing reality (Rather than leaving NewJeans to live her life, I saw her growing more into a human being herself)


As the deer left


The girl became an adult.


She didn't throw away her memories, she kept it. (The rabbit doll~ Bunnies)


The side of NewJeans that were not seen by others,
The videos that she herself recorded on camera of NewJeans shows their beauty just as they were
It proves that the time that we liked NewJeans wasn't in vain


And like that the girl who became an adult is reminded by these memories,
Those times are replayed and NewJeans are also glad to see the fan, the MV ends there.


At first, the MV seems very profound and depressing but,
The way it was filmed was just made very mysteriously, but when thinking that it was made as a fan song, it's a very touching and warming MV.
Personally, as a Bunnies, it was very emotional and touching...

  

Daebak...


COMMENTS:

1. Oh this interpretation is so goodㅜㅜ

2. I'm an otaku so this is making me cry...

3. Deers are said to be very sacred animals, for me I saw it as my idols who are sacredㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is making me cryㅠ

4. This interpretation makes more sense

5. Ah seeing this interpretation made me cry even moreㅠㅠㅠ

6. It has a meaning of when I'm having a tough time, the idols become a big source of strength to me telling me not to give upㅠㅜㅜ I'm shedding tearsㅠㅠ

7. I like this, the last scene is like if you (the fan) ever change your mind, we will always still be here for you

8. The interpretation is good... The male actor is a love interest and there is a strong feeling of reality in this for me. In reality as I'm living my life, I start to not have enough time to spend it on things I like and so I realise it's not easy to keep being a fan < I thought of this when reading through the interpretation> But when she woke up, she had the same colour nail polish on the same finger as Minji's, and in the old video when she replayed it, NewJeans remained as pretty as they were back then. The traces of all her memories will always be remained. 

9. Wow that's why it was so sad, reading through this interpretation made me cry more

10. Is the deer a metaphor for NewJeans? When the camera girl tries to leave NewJeans, the deer appears with sad eyes

11. Ha... I'm not a fan but even I'm sadㅠㅠ

12. Ban Hee Soo = Bun Nee Seu (Bunnies) ㅠㅠ freaking crazy. Hee Soo-ah!!!!

13. It's so heartwarming to see that the entire music video is a fancam taken from a fan's perspective. The biggest wish of all idol fans is that they don't want to feel regret liking their idols, and I think this is what it's alluding to

14. I'm a female idol fan but I'm even more immersed in this because I'm going through difficult times right now

15. ㅠㅠ People who have been in K-pop for more than 10 years are getting all emotionalㅠㅠ

16. Ha... Their planning skills are freaking crazy, it gave me goosebumps, I like it so muchㅠ

17. Looking at the interpretation, it's so touching. It sounds like my own story too. I can't forget all the times and memories with my favourite idols back then, it'll always be so precious. Even now when I'm having a tough time, I think back to them and remembering everything gives me strength

18. Starting from today I'm Ban Hee Soo

19. I thought it was something about bullying or being an outcast but it had a deeper meaning to it, it's so cool

20. When I was in middle and high school, I was definitely a teenager with depression who went through difficult time but being an idol fan made me feel like I could keep on pushing through... Thank you for knowing and recognising this...

Comments

  1. the best interpretation :,)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i understand the whole mv.. oh my.. brilliant theory and thankiu for translating this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first watched the MVs I interpreted them this way since MHJ already said Ditto was going to be a story between NewJeans & Bunnies... I found myself shedding tears at my own interpretation like that. I think most interpretations out there are about how creepy Ditto is and all but they just don't make sense to me. This is the only one that sticks. Thank you so much for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment